Information Assurance Watch Security Analyst (closed)
- Provides support for host-based and network-based intrusion detection systems (IDS), network vulnerability scanning, security administration and change management.
- Technical support includes: monitoring of multiple IDS, documenting security policies and procedures, and participating in security meetings and activities.
- Assist Security Administrator in performing security and system administration to support daily operations.
- Evaluate, implement and administer security software.
- Lead special security administrative projects and provide special analysis related to information security.
- Perform routine monitoring of the NIDS and HIDS system to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly report on the Data Center security posture, as necessary.
- Maintain and troubleshoot consistency in application device inventories.
- Evaluate and analyze Network Operations to ensure a secure environment.
- Assists with establishing policies and procedures pertaining to network management, Access Control, and Security standards.
- Configures, evaluates and maintains service level agreement collections.
- Investigate and research possible security violations.
- Maintains shift logs and generates ad hoc reporting as required.
- Assists in maintaining security operation center equipment and software
- Minimum Associates degree in computer science or related experience. This is an entry-level position.
- Security + Certification
- CeH or GCIA Certification
- Ability to work shifts (11.5 hrs)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good Research habits and skills
- Intrusion Detection Systems experience configuring and installation a bonus
- Must be familiar with McAfee HBSS/HIPS
- Windows Networking experience or various networking including firewalls, routers, and switches.
8570 Job Requirements
- Information Assurance professional certifications that meet DoD 8570.1M requirements for IAT-2 (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP).
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.