Assistant DC Director (closed)
Shopko, headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, has three divisions: Shopko, Shopko Hometown and Shopko Express Rx. We employ more than 19,000 teammates in 21 states throughout the Midwest, Mountain, Pacific Northwest, and Southern regions, generating annual sales of more than $3 billion.
The Shopko division has 135 Shopko stores, providing quality name-brand merchandise, great values, pharmacy and optical services in small to mid-sized cities, 5 Shopko Express Rx stores; a convenient neighborhood drugstore concept and over 200 Shopko Hometown locations; a smaller concept store developed to meet the needs of smaller communities. Shopko stores are multi-department retail stores committed to offering quality merchandise, services and value to meet customers' needs for home, family basics, casual apparel and seasonal products, with a special emphasis on retail health.
A career with Shopko provides you with:
- A foundation of satisfied and loyal customers
- Pragmatic, supportive and accessible leadership
- Variety, stability and autonomy
We are proud to offer:
- A company wide combined effort to succeed
- A creative, resourceful and synergistic atmosphere
- A culture that upholds the value and respect of each individual
- Career development opportunities and clear paths for advancement
- A collaborative energy that sustains our passion for what we do every day
Assists in the direction of the daily operations of the Distribution Center.
•Assist in preparing operating budgets and meeting or exceeding those budgets.
• Assist in the identification and formulation of methods to increase productivity and to execute store service requirements and recommend improvements where deemed necessary.
• Maintain a positive environment, establish inventory controls, assure fixed assets are maintained, and establish open communications with Transportation Department, Distribution Staff, Reverse Logistics, Store Operations and merchandising.
• Responsible for training and development of staff to accomplish these objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree and 4-7 years of previous distribution center management experience. In addition, have knowledge of distribution center automation, conveyorization, scanning, EDI and JIT.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete a candidate profile at www.shopko.com/careers
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v